Smart @Home FAQs
What is Smart @Home?
Smart @Home is fast, convenient home WiFi from Smart. All you need is a Smart @Home router, which has a built-in SIM card that connects to the Smart wireless network. This means there’s no fiber installation needed – simply plug in the router at home, switch it on, and connect. You can also request one of our agents to visit your home and do it for you!
How do I pay for my Smart @Home package? Do I need to sign a contract?
No contract is necessary! Smart @Home is a prepaid service, so simply top up like you would a mobile phone. To keep your package running, keep sufficient money each month in your Smart @Home balance.
Is there any installation needed?
No installation is needed! There’s no hassle with wires, and no time spent waiting for fiber installation. Simply plug in the router, power on and connect! One of our agents can even do it for you.
Is Smart @Home a mobile service?
No, it is a fixed service intended for home use only. We advise that you do not move your router to a new location, as once it is activated at your house we cannot guarantee coverage at the new location. If you plan on moving, please check the coverage of your new house in the SmartNas app first.
Can I use Smart @Home for my business?
Sorry, at this stage Smart @Home is intended for home-use only, and not for commercial purposes.
How do I check if my house is covered by Smart @Home?
You can check whether your house is in the Smart @Home coverage area on the Smart @Home webpage or via the SmartNas app.
Where can I subscribe to Smart @Home?
Visit the SmartNas app to book a package and our sales agent will arrive at your house with the router at a time convenient to you. The agent will also collect payment, and help you find the best location to set up your router. You can also call 888, or visit your nearest Smart Shop to book your package.
What are the Smart @Home packages?
The Smart @Home package comes with a router and there’s a monthly service fee based on the Internet speed you choose. You can choose from Smart @Home Basic, at 4Mbps, Smart @Home Standard, at 6Mbps, and Smart @Home Premium, at 10Mbps.
Can I buy only the Smart @Home SIM card, or only the router?
Sorry, the two come together to give you the best experience, and are not sold separately.
Is there any deposit to pay?
No deposit is needed. Simply pay upfront for 3 months and you receive the router at a subsidized cost.
How much is the data allowance?
There is no limit; you can use as much as you want. However, we do have a fair usage policy, to ensure Smart @Home is not used for commercial purposes.
The fair usage policy is 250GB for Basic and Standard, and 400GB for Premium. This means that if you go past this data amount within a month, your Internet speed is reduced to 1Mbps.
You can still use data after the fair usage limit has been passed, but only at 1Mbps until the next cycle, unless you purchase a 2 USD Full Speed Booster in the SmartNas app.
How can I restore my speed if I go past the fair usage policy?
It is unlikely that you will go past the fair usage policy! However, if you do, you can purchase a 2 USD Full Speed Booster in the SmartNas app that will restore your speed to normal for the rest of your monthly cycle.
Can I register without being a Smart subscriber?
Yes you can! You don’t need to be a Smart mobile customer to subscribe to Smart @Home. Everyone can access SmartNas to check their Smart @Home details, not only Smart mobile subscribers.
Can I connect more than one device ?
Yes. You can connect up to 10 devices at any one time.
What if my new location is not in the Smart @Home coverage area?
We are working on improving our coverage and plan to roll out Smart @Home nationwide in the near future.
Do I need to return the router if I decide to terminate my Smart @Home package?
No, you can keep the router.
How do I enjoy the FREE content included in Smart @Home packages?
1. You need to ensure you are connected to Smart @Home.
2. While connected, download and access iflix or JaiKonTV. The benefit will be provided if your Smart @Home service is active.
1. Enjoy FREE access on up to 10 iflix accounts! Simply create an account via Facebook, Google, or sign up with an email while connected to Smart @Home WiFi. You will get FREE access for as long as your Smart @Home service is active.
1. Enjoy free Premium streaming on 10 devices as long as you’re connected to Smart @Home WiFi! Simply access JaiKonTV while connected to Smart @Home.
2. Once you are disconnected (leave Smart @Home range or use mobile) you will not be able to stream Premium content.”
Do I need to pay for the content?
No! Streaming while on Smart @Home is FREE on up to 10 accounts for iflix and 10 devices for JaiKonTV.
How do I pay for my Smart @Home package?
You can top up your Smart @Home balance via:
1. SmartNas app
2. Smart Shop or any partner shop – make sure you top up your Smart @Home number, not your mobile number!
3. Smart Card
*888*11* [Smart @Home number]*[13 digit PIN code]#
4. E Top Up at an ATM or any Pay&Go machine.
(Please remember to top up your Smart @Home number, not your mobile number. Smart is not responsible for any mistakes.)”
How do I check my Smart @Home balance?
You can check your balance on the SmartNas app, under the Smart @Home section.
Can I control who uses my Internet?
Yes – just remember to provide your WiFi password to friends and family only!
Can I change my Smart @Home package?
Yes. Simply visit the SmartNas app and choose the package you wish to change to. The new package price and speed will be applied at the start of your next monthly cycle.
Where do I schedule an installation appointment?
“Open the SmartNas app, and go to the Smart @Home section. Choose the package you’re interested in, select it, and then check coverage.
Ensure that your GPS is switched on. Your address will be selected by GPS Pin. You can also key-in your address to check coverage. Select a time convenient for our agent to visit you, and confirm the booking. It’s that simple!”
Is there a fee if I reschedule my appointment?
No payment is required for either booking or rescheduling your appointment. If you need to reschedule, you can do so via the SmartNas app or by calling our contact center on 888.
How long will the agent take to set up the router?
The set-up process can take up to 30 minutes from our agent arriving at your house, who will need to explain the product, register your profile, collect payment and find the best place to locate the router.
Where should I put my Smart @Home router?
If you are setting up the router without the help of one of our agents, place it next to a window for the best signal. Also, if your house has multiple floors, place it on the highest floor next to a window.
You can install the antenna provided to improve reception.
How do I start my Smart @Home router?
1. Turn on the router
2. Check the bottom of the router for the Network Name (SSID) and Password (WiFi Key).
3. Connect to the Network Name and enter the WiFi key as specified.
4. Once connected, you can start browsing the Internet!
How do I reboot my router?
When the router is turned on, press the reset button for 3 seconds using a pointed object until the light indicator starts to blink. Please note, restoring factory settings will clear all customized settings.
How do I use SmartNas with Smart @Home?
Using your mobile phone (any mobile number works, it doesn’t need to be Smart mobile number):
1. Download and open the SmartNas app
2. Key-in your mobile number into the SmartNas app and enter the OTP (one time password) sent to you via SMS for verification
3. Add a Smart @Home package to your mobile number by scanning the QR code on the front of the Smart @Home router
4. Press Activate and your Smart @Home package is now accessible in the SmartNas app!
How do I change the WiFi name and password on my router?
You can access 192.168.8.1 while connected to Smart @Home WiFi.
Log-in to the web portal with the username and password printed at bottom of the router. You can proceed to change your SSID name and WiFi key. Please ensure you do not forget the password.
Why is there a red light on my router?
A red light means that you are not connected to the Internet. Please ensure you have sufficient balance in your account. You can check your Smart @Home balance on SmartNas and top up if you have zero balance. If you have balance and your service is not Active, please call 888 for more information.
What if I forget my password?
You can reboot your router to reset your username and password to factory settings.
Can I use voice or SMS on my Smart @Home router?
Voice and SMS are not supported on the Smart @Home router.
Can I move my router after installation?
It is highly recommended that you do not move from the original location placed by the Smart @Home agent. Moving the router could result in a loss of signal and a decrease in speed.
Who manufactures Smart @Home routers?
The router is supplied by our partner Huawei, and the model is Huawei B310s-925 LTE CPE (white).
What is the warranty?
We offer a one-year warranty from the date of sale, as long as no damage is made to the router by you.
What if my router is faulty and needs to be replaced?
If your router is faulty, please go to your nearest Smart Shop. One of our agents will verify whether the router is under warranty. If it is, then you will be given a replacement free of charge.
What is the Refund & Returns policy?
Smart @Home can be fully refunded for any of the following reasons:
- No signal, if complaint is raised within 5 days after purchase.
- Poor signal, if complaint is raised within 14 days after purchase.
Any complaint needs to be raised through our Contact Center (888) or at one of our Smart Shops.
To process your refund, your modem needs to go through network analysis. This means that your Smart @Home modem needs to remain plugged-in at your house during the network analysis process. If the refund is confirmed, you need to return your Smart @Home modem in the original packaging undamaged to a Smart Shop to receive your cash refund.
Smart will NOT provide refunds for complaints made more than 5 days or 14 days following the date of purchase. Smart will NOT provide a refund if Smart @Home items are not fully returned and/or look voluntarily damaged.
What is the maximum speed for each Smart @Home package?
- You can enjoy high speed data up to the FUP limit, which is stated above.
- Once you have reached the FUP limit, Internet speed will be reduced to 1Mbps. You can return to full speed by purchasing a Full Speed Booster in the SmartNas app, or by waiting for the next monthly cycle.
- Upload speed should not be less than 512Kbps and will go up to the maximum speed as specified above (e.g. Basic will have a minimum speed of 512Kbps and a maximum speed of 4Mbps.)
How can I check my network speed?
- Go to Speedtest website:http://www.speedtest.net
- Download app: Speedtest.net
- While performing test, subs should make sure they’re connected to Smart @Home server:
- LTE network signal can be checked by CPE bar quantity (the more bars, the stronger the signal)
How to install modem to maximize signal?
- Modem should be place in light of/near a window for the best signal.
- Adjust modem location based on WiFi coverage from different rooms/floors.
- Avoid placing CPE close to microwave, oven or refrigerator.
- Install antenna (make them vertical) to improve network signal.
How many devices can I connect to my Smart @Home? Does it impact the speed?
How can I restore normal speed?
- When FUP limit is reached, sub has the possibility to purchase a Speed Booster.
- A Speed Booster can be purchased in SmartNas app (function visible when FUP limit is reached).
- Speed Booster price is 2 USD.
- Speed Booster will restore normal speed for an additional limit till the rest of the month cycle.
- Speed Booster is valid till the end of the current cycle only (no carry-over to next cycle).
No or poor signal/coverage issue?
- CPE can be returned with a cash refund if there is no actual coverage and if the subs has notified Smart within 5 days of sale>.
- Agents should inform all customers that if there is no coverage/signal to call 888 to raise the issue within 5 days to be eligible for a refund.
- Network team will verify coverage. If no coverage confirmed, then a customer will be informed to return CPE at Smart Shop in exchange for a cash refund
Poor signal issue: if it cannot be solved, condition to be eligible for refund:
*Complains within 14 days of sale: if during 3 days within 14 day period the network speed performance was less than 50% of the designed speed (designed speed = speed on leaflet)
How to improve network coverage in Borey Building?
Try placing your Smart @Home device near a window or in another corner of your house/apartment. Try several locations. If that doesn’t work, please report the issue to use – we will check and see how we can improve it and we will come back to you on their response (should come back to customers even if nothing can be done).
Can security cameras be connected to Smart @Home?
Yes, security cameras can be connected to Smart @Home. Some cameras requires a static IP (not all), if so the static IP is to be requested from Laing Vichet team (NSS)
Smart @Home can be used for commercial use?
Smart @Home was designed for households but it can be used for small businesses too (eg. hair salon, small coffee shops) that do not require a secure constant speed to function. The 10 devices limitation is also to be taken into account when buying it for commercial use.
My house has 4 floors, I keep my Smart @Home at the top floor because it’s best place to get signal. Can Smart @Home cover/spread speed to all of my house floors?
For big houses with multiple floors, Smart @Home will work the best for 2-3 floors depending on the structure of the building.
How can I see/manage my Smart @Home Service?
Before calling customer service always check in SmartNas app that your Smart @Home is recharged and ACTIVE.