- How soon should you come to register/update your profile after buying a SIM card?
You will need to register immediately.
- What do you need to bring along when you visit a Smart Shop to register?
You need to bring along your documents and phone number (SIM) in order to perform profile update.
- The documents include:
- Cambodian nationals: Cambodian ID or passport;
- Foreign nationals: passport only.
- Monk ID or Government agency ID can be used but it must have the following:
- a photo,
- First Name,
- Last Name,
- Unique ID Number
- In the case of Government agency ID, it must also have Ministry Name & Ministry Stamp.
- The documents include:
- Will you be charged to register/update your profile?
- What is the process to confirm that you are the rightful owner of the number?
- Will I receive any benefits from registration?
There is no bonus or benefits for this registration as this is a government directive for everyone to have a registered profile.
- How long will it take for my profile to be updated to my number?
Profile will be updated within three working days of request.
- What if the old owner of this number has already lost contact with me, is there any way that I can update the profile to mine?
- I don’t know who the person in the profile is but this is my phone number. Can I update to my profile?
- Where can I go to update my profile?
- Where is the nearest Smart Shop?
- How do I know if my number is registered with a profile or not?
You can also check profile by dialing *567#.
- What should I do if the province I live in has no Smart Shop to register?
- Will I be charged if I register online through simreg.smart.com.kh?
You will not be charged for registering through simreg.smart.com.kh. It is free.
- How to register through simreg.smart.com.kh?
- Who can register profile using simreg.smart.com.kh?
- Can a postpaid subscriber register through simreg.smart.com.kh?
- Can I register an incomplete/wrong profile through simreg.smart.com.kh?
- How long does it take to know if my profile registered through simreg.smart.com.kh is successful?
It will take three working days after registration has been submitted.
- Can I check *567# to see my profile after registering through simreg.smart.com.kh?
No. You can check *567# to see your profile only after receiving a SMS notification from Smart if your profile submitted is successful.
Successful registration SMS notification: “Dear Smart subscriber, your profile has been successfully verified. Thanks for using Smart.”
- What if I receive a SMS notification saying “unsuccessful registered”?
Unsuccessful registration SMS notification: “Dear Smart subscriber, your profile verification was unsuccessful. Please visit Smart Shops or call 888 for details. Thanks for using Smart.”
- What are the reasons of unsuccessful registration through simreg.smart.com.kh?
There are three reasons of unsuccessful registration through simreg.smart.com.kh:
- Document not legible (e.g. name registered and name on ID Card is different);
- Document not clear (e.g. face on ID card is unclear);
- Invalid document (e.g. driver’s license).
- Can I register my profile through simreg.smart.com.kh using KH language?
No. Only English can be used to key-in your profile. However, you can change the display of language usage on simreg.smart.com.kh.
- I’m using a feature phone, how can I register through simreg.smart.com.kh?
- Can I use my student card, driving license or birth certificate to register?
Sorry, you are not able to use the above mentioned documents to register.
Only Cambodian ID and passport are used as valid registration documents. Monk ID and government ID are also accepted valid documents (a photo, First Name, Last Name, Unique ID Number is required. In the case of Government agency ID, it must also have Ministry Name & Ministry Stamp).
- I am a postpaid customer. Can I register?
- For individual postpaid customers: Check if they have a profile.
- If no profile, Do a CDR test, collect the valid documents (same as prepaid), sign Declaration Letter and pass to Postpaid Back Office to key-in.
- For Enterprise postpaid customers: Check if they have a profile.
- If no profile: Do a CDR test, collect the valid documents (same as prepaid plus Company Certificate or Letter from PIC), sign Declaration Letter and pass to Postpaid Back Office to key-in.
- If I don’t have any accepted document, can I use someone else’s documents to register?
You cannot use another person’s document to register unless that number belongs to them.
- If I don’t know any CDR calls on my phone but I have physical SIM in hand, can I ask for registration?
Yes, you can. But, we need you to bring along the active SIM card and your ID card to process it. You will also need to sign a declaration letter.
- All this registration will apply to all category of number which has no data profile?
No, this registration is valid for only silver category and below.