PHNOM PENH, 4 December 2015 – Smart Axiata’s main office reported an incident at its premise today. The visible smoke that was seen on the top of the building was caused by an external wiring system malfunction that has no direct connection to the Smart network equipment and system.

The entire situation was put under control within 15 minutes. Smart’s management and staff were as precaution evacuated from the building in line with our emergency response procedures. The incident caused no immediate danger nor significant damages to the building or Smart’s network system.

Thomas Hundt, CEO of Smart Axiata said: “Smart’s network is designed in a largely redundant manner to manage minor and major outages. We have best practice emergency response procedures in place. I am extremely happy to see that all our safety wardens managed the situation as per our safety plan.”

Smart’s service are running stable and smooth, all Smart subscribers can make calls, send texts and use data as usual.

“I am very proud about how the Smart team responded and managed the situation. I would also like to express our appreciation to the authorities, police and fire brigade having supported during this incident”, Thomas Hundt, CEO of Smart concluded.

Smart Axiata: we are here to serve you, we are here for Cambodia! Live. Life. Be Smart.

Top up Top up

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news to your inbox by submitting your email address: