- 8 cents/day
- 1.60 USD/month
Smart Life Insurance
Protect your family and their financial security with Smart Life Insurance.
Get covered with Smart Life Insurance, underwritten by leading international micro-insurance provider BIMA, and feel secure knowing that your family can receive up to 3,200 USD in the event of your death.
You can ensure your family is protected, safe and secure, and for added peace of mind, you can also nominate another person to receive cover equal to your own completely FREE of charge.
What are you waiting for? Get covered today and put their future first.
- 3,200 USD
- 3,200 USD
- Receive cover for two people for the price of one; the policyholder can nominate someone to receive equal cover for FREE
- Peace of mind for you and your family
- Exclusively available to Smart customers
- Receive payment within 7 days if the claim is found to be valid
Terms & Conditions
- To subscribe and receive cover, you must be a Smart subscriber and be between 18 and 69 years old. Coverage is only valid for deaths in Cambodia.
- If you receive coverage on this insurance policy, then you can nominate one other person to receive the same coverage for free. However, the nominee must also be a Smart subscriber and be between 18 and 69 years old.
- Coverage for the policy nominee will commence on the same date as for the policyholder and be exactly equal to the coverage of the policyholder.
- If a person registers multiple SIM cards for Smart Life Insurance, only a single policy is valid.
- Policy payments will begin on the first day of the month following registration and cover will begin the month after. For example, policy payments for a customer registered on 15th January will begin on 1st February, and cover will begin on 1st March.
Cover will be proportional based on how much of the premium the policyholder pays each month. If you are unable to make full payments each month, the financial settlement the beneficiary receives in the event of the policyholder’s death will be reduced accordingly. For more details on proportional coverage/payout, please contact BIMA.
- Claims must be initiated within 6 months of the policyholder’s death. In order to be eligible for a claim, the policyholder must be free of pre-existing medical conditions on the date of enrollment.
- The processing of a claim will commence after the following documents are submitted:
- Proof of enrollment (insurance confirmation SMS or cover SMS).
- Identification document (national ID card, family book, driver’s license or passport).
- Evidence of death (death certificate, medical certificate of cause of death, or official letter from an authorized village or sangkat representative).
- Claims will not be paid if death occurs directly or indirectly from any of the following:
- War, insurrection, riot or civil commotion.
- Committing or provoking a criminal offense including, but not limited to, consumption of illegal drugs, narcotics or alcohol other than as prescribed by a medical doctor.
- Non-disclosure of pre-existing medical condition upon enrollment.
- The policy can be canceled by calling the BIMA hotline on 010 242 248. Policy payments will then be stopped within 48 hours.
Control and manage your balance, subscribe to services, top up and get more done anytime, anywhere.