- 8 cents/day
- 1.60 USD/month
Smart Hospital Insurance
Get up to 10 USD each night you stay in hospital.
If you have an accident or get sick, Smart Hospital Insurance will help you get better.
Smart Hospital Insurance gives you up to 10 USD each night* you stay in hospital. It’s underwritten by BIMA, the world’s leading provider of mobile-delivered insurance and health services in emerging markets. And it’s available exclusively to Smart subscribers.
- 10 USD/day
- 320 USD/year
*For a maximum of 20 days per month.
*Subject to a minimum of 1 consecutive night per visit, and a maximum of 32 days of hospitalization per year (1 USD = 6.25 USD).
- Available exclusively to Smart customers
- Up to $10 each night you stay in hospital
- Starts from only 8 cents/day
Terms & Conditions
*For a maximum of 20 days per month, and subject to a minimum of 1 consecutive night per visit, and a maximum of 32 days of hospitalization per year.
- To subscribe and receive cover, you must be between 18 and 69 years old.
- Premium deductions will begin on the first day of the month following registration and cover will begin the month after. E.g. Premium deductions for a customer registered on 15th January will begin on 1st February, and cover will begin on 1st March.
- Claims are only valid for hospital stays of two or more consecutive days.
- If the full premium amount is not collected in a single month, customers may be eligible for partial insurance cover according to the table below. Unused premium will be rolled over to the following month.
|Amount Deducted||Percentage Cover||Deduction||Cover (per night in hospital)||Credit Rolled into Following Month|
|0 c to 39 c||0%||25 cents||$0||25 cents|
|40 c to 79 c||25%||62 cents||$2.50||22 cents|
|80 c to $1.19||50%||$1.10||$5||30 cents|
|1.20 USD to $1.59||75%||$1.55||$7.50||35 cents|
- Claims must be initiated within 3 months of hospitalization.
- Processing of claims will commence after the following documents are submitted:
- Proof of enrolment (insurance confirmation SMS or cover SMS).
- Identification document (National ID card, family book, driver’s license or passport).
- Evidence of hospitalization (diagnosis card with clear details of admission and discharge dates; patient’s name, age and sex; admission complaints; investigations carried out; treatment given; doctor’s rubber stamp and signature or payment receipt and the final bill).
- Claims will not be paid for hospitalization due to:
- Self-inflicted injury, attempted suicide or treatment obtained due to non-adherence to medical advice;
- Treatment obtained for injuries or surgeries due to direct participation in military exercises;
- Strikes, riots and civil commotion, political unrest and terrorism;
- Drugs or alcohol addiction;
- Pre-existing or recurrent conditions;
- Complication in pregnancy, childbirth or birth control;
- Elective treatment or cosmetic surgery;
- Dental treatment or surgery;
- Psychiatric or psychological conditions;
- Circumcision or vaginal membrane repairs;
- Venereal disease or any sexually transmitted disease or sickness.
- Non-medically required, elective, preventive, alternative or cosmetic treatments & surgery, including dental treatment (only Smart Hospital)
- Non-Disclosure of pre-existing medical condition on registration
- The policy can be canceled by calling the BIMA hotline on 010 242 248. Premium deductions will be stopped within 48 hours.
- This service is available to all Smart Prepaid customers, apart from Smart Traveller SIM.
Control and manage your balance, subscribe to services, top up and get more done anytime, anywhere.