Borrow credit from Smart.
Zero balance and want to make a call? Get a SmartLoan!
Borrow 20 cents, 50 cents, 1 USD or 2 USD. And pay back when you next top up.
And as long as your debt is only 60 cents or below, you can request a second loan even if you haven’t paid back your first!
- Borrow extra balance whenever you need
- Simply top up to pay back
- Variety of different loan amounts – from 20 cents to 2 USD
- Take out a second SmartLoan even if you haven’t repaid your first
Terms & Conditions
- The entire outstanding loan amount will be deducted immediately after top up. Ex: Outstanding amount is 0.60 USD and top-up amount is 1 USD. Deduction will therefore be 0.60 USD as repaid amount.
- Checking loan history is free of charge.
- To obtain a SmartLoan, customers must meet all the following conditions:
- Be an active, Smart prepaid customer.
- Not be in debt to Smart.
- Be registered and active in the Smart network for more than 90 days and have made at least 6 top ups over the past 6 months.
- Customers who have zero balance (barred outgoing calls) are allowed to use the SmartLoan service, but the loan amount is only valid for 4 days.
- SmartLoan is available to all Smart prepaid customers, apart from Smart Traveller SIM.
- To take out a second loan, your debt must be 60 cents or below. You also need to be a Smart prepaid customer, and have been an active Smart user for the past 90 days, having topped-up more than 10 USD over the past 4 months.
- SmartLoan 1+1: You are eligible for a 2nd loan of 50 cents only even if you still have an outstanding loan.
Control and manage your balance, subscribe to services, top up and get more done anytime, anywhere.
What is SmartLoan?
When you run out of balance and want to make a call, send an SMS or use the Internet, you can request a SmartLoan. You can then repay the loan the next time you top up.
How do I get a SmartLoan?
- To request a 20 cents SmartLoan, please dial *911*20#
- To request a 50 cents SmartLoan, please dial *911#
- To request a $1 SmartLoan, please dial *911*100#
- To request a $2 SmartLoan, please dial *911*200#
Can I take out a second SmartLoan?
As long as your debt is only 60 cents or below, you can request a second loan even if you haven’t paid back your first loan. You also need to be a Smart Prepaid customer, and have been an active Smart user for the past 90 days, having topped-up more than $10 over the past 4 months.
How much will I pay back and how do I do it?
If you loan 20 cents, you will pay back 25 cents. If you loan 50 cents, you will pay back 60 cents. If you loan $1, you will pay back $1.20. If you loan $2, you will pay back $2.40. Loans are automatically repaid the next time you top up.