If your balance is running low, you can borrow from your friends!
Do you need a balance boost in a hurry? Use FriendLoan!
You can request 20 cents, 50 cents or 1 USD from a friend’s balance, and pay them back when you next top up. You can request as many loans as you like − even if you haven’t yet paid back your first loan.
- 20 cents
- 50 cents
- 1 USD
- 5 cents
- 10 cents
- 20 cents
- Borrow from your friends to top up your balance whenever you need to
- Simply top up to pay them back
- Different loan amounts available – from 20 cents to 1 USD
- Make as many FriendLoan requests as you like
Terms & Conditions
- To be able to receive a FriendLoan, the provider needs to have:
- A minimum of 23 cents in their main balance to give 18 cents to a friend.
- A minimum of 55 cents in their main balance to give 45 cents to a friend.
- A minimum of 1.10 USD in their main balance to give 90 cents to a friend.
- See FAQs below for further information.
- As a user of the FriendLoan service, you will receive the same standard benefits (bonuses, validity and lifecycle) as regular top up users after your request has been accepted and the system has successfully added the FriendLoan to your balance.
- You may request numerous loans from the same or different friend as many times as you want if your friend(s) accepts the request. Likewise, a provider can accept as many requests from the same or different friend(s) as they want if they have sufficient balance.
- If a FriendLoan has not been repaid to the provider after 90 days, the debt will be automatically cleared.
- You can request both a SmartLoan and a FriendLoan at the same time if you meet the conditions for each service.
- The FriendLoan service is available to all Smart prepaid customers, except for those on Smart Traveller SIM.
Control and manage your balance, subscribe to services, top up and get more done anytime, anywhere.
How do I pay back a FriendLoan?
A FriendLoan is automatically repaid the next time you top up.
How do I make a FriendLoan request?
Simply dial 6565 and follow the instructions.
How much am I and my friend charged for a FriendLoan?
If your friend loans you 20 cents, you will receive 18 cents. 23 cents will be deducted from the provider, making the service fee 5 cents.
If your friend loans you 50 cents, you will receive 45 cents. 55 cents will be deducted from the provider, making the service fee 10 cents.
If your friend loans you $1, you will receive 90 cents. $1.10 will be deducted from the provider, making the service fee 20 cents.