Network Software Engineer
Network Software Engineer
February 28, 2022 | System Administration/Network Infrastructure/Data Center Infrastructure, Telecom Engineers & Technicians | 1 positions in Phnom Penh
- The role is to design, architect, and program software or automation tools to interface with IP network and related systems to support the broadband business service.
- Smart Axiata is moving towards NetDevOps and software-defined networks which require the engineers to embrace software engineering and automation to solve network challenges.
- Engineer, write, and review codes, scripts, or software to support and scale IP net-work.
- Develop, test, and deploy API to interface with network devices and integrate net-work systems with other systems such as OSS/BSS.
- Collaborate with Network Engineering team to automate tasks and processes, build software
infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis, aid in capacity planning, troubleshooting, alerts, and change management.
- Maintain, patch, and upgrade software, codes, and scripts to ensure security and compatibility with network devices, protocols, and related systems.
- Evaluate and test third party or open-source software, tools, or frameworks to support the
network engineering tasks.
- Write and maintain documentation on all software and codes.
Education & Qualification:
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or related field.
- Strong commitment to learn networking fundamentals for the purpose of network automation and NetDevOps.
- Be culturally fit in the team by displaying of Smart Axiata’s core values in the past working
experiences and/or in academic environments.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering, programming in DevOps environment or ISP
- 2+ years of experience in Python or Go
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and an understanding
of network fundamentals are not mandatory but preferable.
- Proficient in either Python or Go programming language.
- Proficient in API development in either REST or gRPC.
- Proficient in either Ansible or SaltStack.
- Familiarity with at least one CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Travis CI, Gitlab, Github Actions.
- Familiarity with at least one time-series database: InfluxDB, RRDTool, Prometheus.
- Strong understandings in distributed system architecture, data structures, and algorithm.
- Strong understanding in Linux/UNIX operating system, containerized systems, Dockers, and
- Strong commitment to DevOps culture.
- Knowledge in YAML, Protobuf, NETCONF, Yang, RESTCONF, Jinja2, and XML are desirable.
In the same region
Be the next Smart Hero