February 28, 2022 | Telecom Engineers & Technicians | 6 positions in Phnom Penh
The role is to install, test, repair, and maintain optical fiber in the ODN and customer’s last mile. The technician will also be required to perform ONU/ONT and CPE/WiFi installation at the customer’s premises.
- Installing, configuring, repair, and maintain indoor/outdoor optical fiber, network cablings, splitters, patch panels, switches, rack, power systems, grounding, ONU/ONT, WiFi, and battery backup,
- Support optical network engineers in commissioning, roll-out plan, and decommissioning of passive optical systems,
- Ensure speed, efficiency, and quality of work on the in the installation, repair, and maintenance of fiber distribution network,
- Be on call rotation for the field operations work.
Education & Qualification:
- Diploma or relevant fiber optic training certificates
- Be culturally fit in the team by displaying of Smart Axiata’s core values in the past working experiences and/or in academic environments
- 1+ year of hands-on experience in deploying and troubleshooting optical network system in an ISP, telecom, or enterprise environment
- Proficient in installing and repairing techniques in passive optical system (PON) and in-door/outdoor fiber and network cablings,
- Ability to understand fiber planning software such as GIS or Google Earth
- Good understandings in single-mode/multi-mode fiber, UTP, WDM systems, OTDR, power systems, optical ports/interfaces (SFP, SFP+, 40/100GE…etc)
- Ability to drive, willingness to travel, and work outdoor anywhere nationwide.
In the same region
Be the next Smart Hero